- Find a Coach
- Find a Coach: Tips
So you're ready to take the exciting step towards finding a coach?
Finding a Morning Coach - Academy of Coaching (MCAC) credentialed coach that's just right for you is an exciting step, and we want you to make an informed decision.
When reviewing the backgrounds of our coaches against other coaches in the industry, there are several factors to keep in mind:
Many personal (life) and business coaches are not credentialed and have never attended a formal coach-training program. It's not only important you that you hire a credentialed coach, but that you hire one that has been trained by an organization that adheres to the standards set forth by the International Coach Federation (ICF). This confirms that your coach has received the fundamental training that is essential to mastering the coaching process. Working with a credentialed coach ensures that you will have a coach that has dedicated him or herself to the proper adeptness of the art of coaching.
Just because a coach has a professional degree in areas such as psychology, social work, nursing, or law, doesn't automatically mean they are going to be an excellent coach. The same rule applies to top motivational speakers who also offer coaching programs. Life experience, expertise in a given industry, and other degrees are certainly helpful, but the bottom line is that having a coach with formal training makes a significant difference in the level of competency. Research shows that well trained coaches have a much higher success rate with their clients than coaches without formal training.
What makes the MCAC different?
Our rigorous and demanding curriculum and credentialing standards ensure that our graduates are well prepared to help you succeed. Our program doesn't just stop at coach training. What separates our academy from other schools is that our students undergo extensive training in business, marketing, and cutting-edge technology. These skills enable our coaches to provide top-notch support to clients as they accomplish their goals.
What qualifies our coaches?
At the Morning Coach - Academy of Coaching (MCAC), our coaches undergo an intensive training program that includes 125 learning hours in order to be credentialed as a Morning Coach Professional Coach (MCPC), and 200 learning hours to become a Morning Coach Master Coach (MCMC). Additionally, our coaches train for several months to refine their skills and abilities through peer coaching as well as complete a comprehensive final exam.
Why choose an MCAC Professional Coach?
If you decide to work with a professional coach, you don't want to wonder about their qualifications. When you choose a Morning Coach - Academy of Coaching credentialed coach, you can rest assured that you are getting someone who truly has dedicated him or herself to maintaining high standards of excellence and has passed a rigorous and demanding training program.
As you're looking for the Morning Coach Professional Coach (MCPC) that is right for you, please keep the following in mind:
- Educate yourself about the coaching process.
- Have clear objectives for working with your coach.
- Interview several coaches before you decide on one. Ask each about his or her experience, skills, and qualifications. Also, ask for references.
- Remember, the coaching relationship is one-on-one. There should be a connection between you and your coach. The chemistry should feel just right.
Questions to ask your perspective coach:
- What is your coaching experience (number of individuals coaches, years of experience, types of coaching situations, etc.)?
- What is your coach specific-training?
- What is your coaching specialty or areas you most often work (executive coach, life coach, career coach, business coach, etc.)?
- What specialized skills or experience do you bring to your coaching?
- What is your philosophy about coaching?
- What is your specific process for coaching like (how sessions are conducted, frequency, etc.)?
- What are some of your coaching success stories?